Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

HollowlandHollowland by Amanda Hocking

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I read Hollowland yesterday, and it was great, entertaining post-zombie-apocalypse adventure. 19-year-old Remy has to cross a great swath of western America in search of her little brother. Along the way, she joins up with a rock star, passes through a zombie-infested Las Vegas, and at one point they spend the night in a freaky religious compound. Remy notes that only religious fundamentalist survivalist types were really prepared for the collapse of civilization.

I don't think the book ever strayed from Remy's viewpoint. She's a clever and courageous protagonist, tough and sarcastic without being callous towards other. She's mostly callous towards herself.

Hollowland was a fun, fast read. It was the first book I've read by Amanda Hocking, but I'll be back for more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment