Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

New cover for Jenny Pox, and preview of the Tommy Nightmare cover..

I can't say enough about how happy I am with the job Phatpuppy Art did with the new covers!

For the new Jenny Pox cover, we used the same model & setting as the old cover, but a different picture, and Phatpuppy did amazing things with the color, lighting and other elements of the image.  Here's the new look for Jenny:




Tommy Nightmare, the sequel, will be available in April.  Here's a preview of how that book will look:


These are a big improvement over all my other book covers.  What do you think?  

UPDATE: I also added Tommy Nightmare to Goodreads in case you want to add it to your to-read list. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is just lovely. Jenny Pox is on my TBR pile. Can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the other Jenny Pox cover, but this new one is a step up! It's, hmm... I don't know, more slick or something. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mia, I hope you enjoy the book. :)

    K.C. - Thanks, I think the new one is much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the old Jenny Pox cover, but I like this one too. Love the dark mysterious cover for Tommy Nightmare. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these covers a lot. I have to say I resisted reading Jenny Pox with the cover that had words written like a child's. I thought it was like a middle reader or something.

    These covers are much more descript and give the mood of the books better. Tommy Nightmare is just enough disturbing and yet somehow human enough in the picture. I look forward to reading the book.

    Josie Wade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Josie. I agree these are better at communicating the story to potential readers!

    I like what you said about the Tommy cover, too--that could have been lifted right from my conversation with the artist. :)

    ReplyDelete