Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The calm before the storm...

After all the work of the blog tour & getting the Jenny Pox sequel ready, I'm now in an odd lull.

I'm still slammed at the day job until April 15, and there's a lot of stuff to do around the house to get ready for the baby, but it's weird to have no writing work to do.  Tommy Nightmare is away for the last beta reads and proofing.  When I hear back from everyone, I'll go through it again, make any needed corrections, and upload it to Amazon, Nook and Smashwords.  Then I'll contact every book blogger who liked the first Jenny Pox and send them review copies if they want.

Then that will be that.  I'll be focused on the baby for a few months, and somewhere in there I'll start writing the third Jenny Pox to finish up the trilogy.  I know how the third book begins, how it ends, and a good bit about the middle. 

Right now, though, it's a lot of watching and waiting.  I feel strongly about the quality of the book, and it's been through plenty of edits and revisions.  But I've never written a sequel before, and certainly never put out a book anticipated by so many people.  Will they like it?  Hate it?  Love it?  Who knows?

I look forward to finding out...and I can't wait until the waiting is over.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh a trilogy! I didn't know. Hoping to start Tommy tomorrow evening. Wishing you and your wife all the best for the safe arrival of baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kind of a weird lull between first and second book. I tried to do home improvement projects, but mostly just read all the books that had been piling up on my kindle. :)
    I think the second book is the hardest. I'm a third of the way through the third Zellie book and I don't have as much anxiety about people liking it as I did with the second one. Probably my skin is a little thicker and I chalk it up to the fact that I'm writing the story the way I want to write it.
    That being said, in a completely no pressure sorta way - I'm really excited to read Tommy Nightmare.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slowest Bookworm - Thanks for the wishes! Yep, there will be a third book in the fall.

    Stacey - Thanks for your insights :) And the extra pressure :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The waiting is always the hardest part, isn't it? I'm NOT a patient person.

    But wow. You ARE slammed. I can't imagine working full time, a baby on the way, promoting, editing, writing...

    Would you mind sharing your secret? Or what vitamins you take?

    Okay. Seriously. The cover is awesome. I know you'll get a lot of new readers. And, who doesn't love a series?

    You'll do fab. I'm sure of it!

    Michelle Muto
    The Book of Lost Souls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle - The secret is to increase your caffeine intake and reduce your sleep intake...Thanks for the cover compliments! Phatpuppy Art does my covers, and she is awesome to work with.

    ReplyDelete