Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I feel a disturbance in the Force...

Last night, lightning struck our house and totally fried my office computer.  This morning, my car didn't want to crank, and the alternator was dying--I barely made it to the mechanic.  Then my phone rapidly drained and died for no apparent reason.  While I was waiting at the mechanic's, my netbook refused to connect to nearbly public wi-fi sources.

I'm in conflict with electricity itself.  Is this symbolic of something or other?

6 comments:

  1. OMG! It's got to be something to do with the storm and lightening that everything electrical is dying at the same time.

    I left my camera in the car trunk during a storm last summer and although the car wasn't hit (that we know of), the memory card was caput and we lost all our holiday snaps.

    Yes, it's GOT to be something to do with the storm ... or Jonah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Storms suck. I don't know what else to say, man. You have my deepest sympathy. I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Jonah. I am NOT writing a sequel to that book, no matter how much he threatens me.

    Vicki- OK, a storm just crushed your house, so maybe I shouldn't be complaining...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kind of reminds me of Close Encounters....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a bit like when my company's IT guy called me the Bermuda triangle because I went through 3 screens in a year and everyone's computer around me had some nervous tick.

    The good news is that it will pass... and you'll get some karmically good luck to compensate. Yep. Good things are on their way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Claire! I hope you're right :)

    ReplyDelete