Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why I'm Losing My Mind...

So, I have two new novels coming out next week. On Monday, there's the launch of Fairy Metal Thunder, which begins a new series. On Friday (Sept. 23), we'll launch Alexander Death, the final Jenny Pox book.

Look, just two sentences. But I have a ton of things to do for the double book launch next week. There are 19 items on my to-do list, little things like "format ebooks" and "write guest blog." I actually get tired just reading it over. Once the books are out, then I can relax and write a bunch of blog tour posts and really get the second fairy book going. (Seriously, the most relaxing thing I do is try to figure out why the baby's crying--food? Diaper? Burping? Walk you around? Need entertainment? How about some music?)

At this point, I just hope I haven't driven my editors and proofreaders crazy. And I hope readers like these new books. And I can't wait until the weekend after next, when I finally get to sleep!

7 comments:

  1. Aww lol. The trials and tribulations of being an author eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it'll all be worth it in the end. We'll all try not to bug you so much so that you can focus on that little bundle of joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for Alexander Death, I've been dying to know what happens to Jenny and Seth! The Paranormals series has been one of my favorites and I'm constantly telling people to check out your books. :) Your new series sounds really interesting and I can't wait to read more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best News I've Heard In A Long Time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But it's a good kind of losing your mind!! It's success and it's more fun for us and I cannot wait!!! I may just have to get a Kindle! No one else could make me do it, but AD and Fairy Metal Thunder I just can't wait for the print copies to come out!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! Glad to know somebody's looking forward to the books :)

    Karen - Yes, there's too much to do!

    Britany - Yeah, he's great!!

    Heather - It actually won't be that long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't WAIT for your books--and I am an OBSESSIVE to do lister so I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete